Earlier in the year I started sending out letters to my daughters-in-law and my nieces. Since we all live so far apart, I thought it would be a good way to stay in touch and pass on to them some of the things God has taught me throughout my life. I believe God wants us to live life together in community, praying for each other, and helping and encouraging each other along the way. For instance, when Bethany says she is sick I want to be there for her. I know that I can't always do that, but I can pray and I can encourage her and hopefully another part of the body can be there instead. This of course requires that we reach out to each other. Bethany has to let us know she's sick and we have to be willing to call, to go over, bring a meal or to pray. Community takes time and it takes a willingness on our part to be open to each other and at times vunerable.
My meager attempts to send out those letter didn't last long and I got busy and stopped doing it. So much for commitment. I am hoping this will work out better and I hope some of you will find a bit of encouragement to continue in the race and not give up. Like any of us I need encouragement. So let me know if you are reading and let me know your thoughts. Let's run the race together and keep our eyes on the prize that God has set before us. We each are responsible for our own race and in the end we will stand alone before God but in the mean time let's be each others best cheerleaders and be willing to offer a cup of cold water along the way.
Be blessed today and run hard.
Irritating Scripture
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
just wanted you to know-someone is reading your blog!
Post a Comment