Congratulations to Kecia and Kevin. I am so excited for the two of you! I will always be amazed at the thought of a tiny baby growing in a mother's womb. It is such a beautiful miracle from God that brings so much joy in so many different ways. And congratulations to the new grandma and grandpa! At last I have someone to share the joy of grandmahood with! You will be so blessed.
Thinking of grandchildren makes me think of how God in His wisdom created us to be creative people. God created human life and then life was passed on from one generation to the next through creation. As grandpartents we have the opportunity to see the creations God gifted us with (our children) create again and to pass on our legacy of faith in God to them. It is an opportunity to watch the creativeness of God at work as our children turn into parents and as our grandchildren take on the likeness of their creator. We can stand back and watch with wisdom and amazement and know how to pray.
Because we who believe in Jesus have his Spirit in us we also have His creativity. Ask Jesus how you can use that creativity today to bless someone else. Who needs to be encouraged today? Who needs a hug or a smile? Who needs someone to simply acknowledge they are there? Let's run our races creatively!
Stay focused and run hard but be sure to take others with you.
Twenty-Second Naps
1 day ago
1 comment:
On my days off from work I try to read everyone's blogs, so I will add you to my list. I love them because I get to keep up with what is happening in my friend's/family's lives!
I was also excited to hear about Kecia:-) I agree, babies are a miracle from God! I appreciate it more every new week when my belly somehow grows larger (even though I am sure it is stretched to the limit), and when she kicks me even harder, which Brian finds very amusing. He loves that he can now feel her move, and she responds to his voice. I also read about the new developments each week on babycenter.com:
"This week (27 weeks) the baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long with the legs extended. She can now open and close her eyes, and she sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. She may suck her fingers, and although her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if she were to be born prematurely. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and isn't bothersome to her, so enjoy the tickle. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now." Wonder what she's thinking?
Post a Comment